Planning is a skill one could find useful across different areas of life. Come see how you can plan effectively to meet your personal and professional goals by learning how to backwards plan.
Welcome to the course on Backwards Planning! Thank you for embarking on this journey. Through this course teachers will learn about the useful skill of backwards planning and explore ways to apply it in their classroom as well as life! For an effective learning experience, please switch off any notifications, use a notebook to write down your learning and questions as you take the course.
The course has the following 5 sections:
- Section 1- Feel: In this section, you will examine your current approach to planning
- Section 2- Imagine: In this section, through different examples, you will look at why planning is important, what is Backwards Planning and the 5 Principles of Backwards Planning. You will also see how planning is a transferable skill that you can use in your personal as well as professional life.
- Section 3- Do: In this section, you will practice making a plan, using the 5 Principles of Backwards Planning.
- Section 4- Share: In this section, we’ll think of how we can share our learning so as to encourage our colleagues to plan well.
- Section 5- Assessment: You will assess what you have learned about Backwards Planning.