Reflection allows students to see the importance of their own learning process and enables them to identify their strengths and weaknesses so as to come up with solutions and strategies to improve their learning. Reflection helps them connect their classroom learning to the outside world. Take this course to see how to build this crucial 21st century skill in your students to enable them to succeed both, in the classroom as well as the world outside!
Thank you for embarking on this journey. This course helps you to see how to build the crucial 21st century skill of reflection in your students to help them develop and succeed in school as well as the outside world! For an effective learning experience, please switch off any notifications, use a notebook to write down your learning and questions as you take the course.
This course consists of 5 sections:
- Section 1: Feel: In this section, you will examine your current beliefs about building reflection in students and see what exactly reflection involves and why it is so crucial
- Section 2: Imagine: In this section, you will discover what teachers in reflective classrooms do and thus, what benefits their actions lead to. You will also consider principles and pre-requisites for effective reflection.
- Section 3: Do: In this section, you will explore different structures, strategies, tips to build reflection in the students in your own class.
- Section 4: Share: In this section, you will share what you have learnt through this course with others.
- Section 5: Assessment:In this section you will take an assessment to check your learning about building reflection in students.